Greetings to all, Myghanaedu is pleased to announce to the general public that University of Ghana (UG) Graduate Entry Medical Programme 2015/2016 Admission is on and below the admission requirements has been made available
ADMISSIONS INTO THE GRADUATE ENTRY MEDICAL PROGRAMME (GEMP) 2015/2016 ACADEMIC YEAR
The University of Ghana School of Medicine and Dentistry (UGSMD) is inviting applications from qualified applicants for admission into the Graduate Entry Medical Programme for the 2015/2016 Academic Year.
- Applicants should have a good (B.Sc) First Degree (Minimum of 2nd Class Lower) in the following science-based courses: Biological Sciences, Biochemistry, Chemistry, Physician Assistant, Pharmacy, Nursing, Nutrition, Dietetics, Food Science, Engineering, Laboratory Sciences, Physiotherapy and Radiography.
- Candidates should have obtained credit (or better grade) in the 3 core and 3 elective subjects in the West African Senior Secondary School Certificate Examination (WASSCE) or equivalent.
- There should be evidence of having completed National Service (if applicable).
Nature of Programme and Duration
The Graduate Entry Medical Programme is an integrated 4-year Medical Programme which leads to the award of MB ChB. The Programme will begin in April, 2015 and will be run on a FULL-TIME and NON-RESIDENTIAL basis.
Cost of Application Forms
An Application Form costs One Hundred and Fifty Ghana Cedis (GH¢150.00) for Local Ghanaian Applicants and One Hundred US Dollars (US$100.00) for Foreign Applicants.
Access Course Form sells at Three Hundred and Fifty Ghana Cedis (GH¢350.00), and can be purchased from the Academic Affairs Office, University of Ghana School of Medicine and Dentistry. The cost of the form covers tuition.
Mode of Application
Forms can be purchased from the Academic Affairs Office (Room 6 & 23) of the University of Ghana School of Medicine and Dentistry, Administration Block, Korle-Bu, or downloaded from UGSMD website (www.ugms.edu.gh ) or UG website (www.ug.edu.gh) and payment made upon submission of completed forms.
- Foreign Applicants should click here to access application forms and payment made to FGN-USD (1271620020289) Ghana Commercial Bank, Circle branch. Kindly indicate School of Medicine and Dentistry-GEMP on the pay slip.
- Local Applicants should click here to access application forms.
- Completed local and Foreign Application Forms together with scanned pay slip should be submitted through the e-mail address:email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Completed Foreign Application Forms together with a copy of the pay slip should be posted, by courier service (e.g. DHL) to the Ag. Executive Secretary, University of Ghana School of Medicine and Dentistry, P.O. Box KB 4236, Accra – Ghana.
Deadline for Submission of Forms
All completed application forms should reach the Academic Affairs Section (Rooms 6 & 23) of the University of Ghana School of Medicine and Dentistry, Administration Block not later than Friday, 9th January, 2015.
For further information please contact the GEMP Secretariat:
Monday – Friday, 9:00am – 4:00 pm
SIGNED: SCHOOL ADMINISTRATOR
ADDITIONAL INFORMATION FOR GEMP 2015/2016 ACADEMIC YEAR
Prospective students should take note of the following dates regarding the Graduate Entry Medical Programme admissions:
- Access Course – Monday, 2nd February – Friday, 13th February, 2015
- Entrance Examination – Tuesday, 17th February, 2015
- Interview – Wednesday – Thursday, 18th – 19th February, 2015
- Orientation/Registration – Monday, 20th April – Friday, 24th April, 2015
- Workshop on Teaching &
Learning Methodologies – Monday, 27th April – Thursday, 30th April, 2015
- Lectures Begin – Monday, 4th May, 2015
Eligible applicants will be admitted into the Programme subject to passing an Entrance Examination and Oral Interview.
The Access Course covers English Language, Quantitative Methods, Physics, Chemistry, Biology and Cellular and Molecular Biology.
The course will take place at the University of Ghana School of Medicine and Dentistry, Korle-Bu from 9:00am – 4:00pm each day.
Participation in the Access Course is NOT compulsory but it is highly recommended.
The Entrance Examination takes place on Tuesday, 17th February, 2015. There will be only one centre – Accra Centre.
VENUE: ACCRA – GHANA
The Entrance Examination will take place at the University of Ghana School of Medicine and Dentistry, New Examination Hall, Korle-Bu, Accra – Ghana as follows:.
- Paper 1 – General Paper is from 8:00am – 10:30am
- Paper 2 – Scientific Foundations of Medicine is from 11:30am – 2:30pm.
It is expected that all applicants will arrange to be in Accra, Ghana within the periods stated above.